Monday, October 10, 2011

No escape

No escape for you....no escape. I will mourn for your exodus, but I cannot let you go. You will stay forever in my heart. I always thought of your voice as melted smoothness, and the baritone was like God's voice, and it has always given me nothing but peace. For you, Jagjit Singh:


 

JAGJIT SINGH
(8 February 1941 – 10 October 2011)

একা, বড্ড একা যখন-
সেই আঁধারেও তুমি কিন্তু সঙ্গে ছিলে,
তোমার জন্য অনেক ব্যাথা
মিলিয়ে গেছে আস্তে ধীরে |
রেশম তোমার রইলো রাখা
রোজই কত মন তো পোড়ে,
তোমায় নিয়ে সারাজীবন হাঁটবে যারা-
আমিও আছি সেই মিছিলে |


Usually, I don't pray....but tonight I will. I will pray for your wife Chitra. I will pray so that she may find within the strength to take the second bolt of lightning on her life. First, she lost her son; and now, you. I cannot think of a single word to say to her.  I will pray for her.


Rest in peace, Ghazal King.

No comments: